Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Joy of Cooking (for an infant)

I don't know about anyone else, but just the thought of starting my little girl on solids was enough to give me some serious agida. I had just started getting quite comfortable (and spoiled) with Charlotte's nursing habits. She would only nurse a handful of times a day for just about 15 or 20 minutes. Ahhhh... Heavenly. Then I came to the harsh realization that this little being needed more than just milk to survive. Darn. So I did the only thing I could think to do at a time like this - I called my sister-in-law.

After talking and laughing, I understood that (seriously, Christie) this was not the end of the world. Through our chat, I was pointed to my go-to source, a great site called www.wholesomebabyfood.com. I love it because you can navigate by stage, by food types, by topic... For the past 2 months, I have gone to this site for guidance and comfort along this seemingly scary path of solids. And I must say, once you get your feet wet, it's not worth all the anxiety.

I think my next few posts will be all about this new world of "food stuff." We've been having so much fun with it and I feel like if others out there feel as clueless as I did (and at times, still do), it might help to hear what other moms are doing. For now, I'm going to go and change yet another poopy diaper - because as many of you know... with solid foods come solid poops. The joys of motherhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment