Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A new way to walk... and shop!



I don't know about you, but for me, I couldn't wait to get the "okay" from my doctor to begin some light exercise again after I had my little girl. In a way, 6 weeks felt like a lifetime (but secretly, I took advantage of the best excuse I've ever had to not move off the couch, let alone attempt a power walk!). Once I did start walking, it was nice to have some options. My favorite walking option (alternative to the obvious -- stroller) has been my Snugli. This is a front baby carrier that you can find all over the internet.

I've used it for walks -- it adds extra weight for a fun and productive workout.


I've used it at the grocery store -- you can be hands-free and you never have to worry about keeping your eye on your baby... she's attached!


I've used it in the yard -- just walk around and give your arms and back a break!

Benefits:
  • Machine Washable (a MUST for new mamas)
  • Lightweight
  • Pretty easy to get on/off
  • Good for daddy too :)
  • Excellent at getting out some of those stubborn burps
  • If you're crazy like me and have a puppy, you will have a hand free to hold puppy's leash, which is much easier than trying to juggle the stroller AND leash all at once

2 comments:

  1. haha, yes, they are great! but I took Jane to costco in hers when she was still too little to sit in the shopping cart. let me just say BAD idea!! forget bending down to pick up a case of water. And it's nearly impossible to reach the very back of the cart when you are emptying it at the checkout! As soon as I could I put her in the shopping cart with the help of the floppy or whatever it is called. def worth buying if you dont already have one. they really help them sit up in the cart sooner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, Ashleigh! I forgot about the fact that you have an extra foot of "person" pertruding from you and its pretty tough to squat or lift, haha! But it works well if you're doing "team work shopping" with hubby :) Or walking still works. It will certainly be nice when Charlotte can sit up in the cart.

    ReplyDelete